- 1 small pineapple
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 pound of shrimp
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-2 cups of cooked rice
- green onion (for garnish–optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sesame seeds (for garnish–optional)
- Carefully cut the pineapple in half vertically–leaving the leaves in tact (shown in the video)
- Remove the fruit and juice from the inside of the pineapple. Save it in a container.
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil,pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Cook chicken until brown on both sides.
- Add in soy sauce mixture from step 3. Simmer 4 minutes
- Cook shrimp, add to the pan with the chicken.
- Mix cornstarch and water together. Pour into skillet with chicken, shrimp and soy sauce mixture. Let simmer 8 minutes until thickened. (optional stir in red pepper flakes)
- Cook rice according to package.
- To serve add rice to one side of the pineapple bowl and add chicken to the other side. Optional: garnish with sesame seed and green onion
If you made this recipe, be sure to tag Soul Food and Trap Music. Hashtags: #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic