You didn’t get your arm workout in this morning sis? No problem, making this homemade pasta without a pasta machine has you covered LOL! It’s not that bad, but I’m just showing people you don’t need fancy gadgets to make good food from scratch.
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pour flour onto a clean and dry work area.
- Make a well in the flour.Add your eggs, salt and olive oil.
- Beat your eggs.
- mix in your flour a little at a time (this is shown in the video)
- Kneed your dough for 5-10 minutes. The dough should feel like play dough. TIP: if you poke it, it should spring back. If your dough is dry add just a little oil at a time and kneed it into the dough.
- Put the flour in plastic wrap and let it rest on your counter for 30-40 minutes
- Cut your dough into thirds. Smaller sections make it easier to work with.
- Roll your dough really thin–thin as paper. (TIP: GENTLY pulling the dough as you roll it will help to thin it out–this is shown in the video)
- Once dough is thinned, roll the dough into a little roll (shown in the video)
- Cut the dough. The thickness is based on how thick or thin you prefer your pasta.
- Fill a pot with water, add salt and let water come to a boil.
- Add pasta, cook 3-4 minutes or until you reach your desired texture.
- Drain, and add your favorite sauce. Enjoy!