My grandma always said “Waste not want not” meaning if you use your resources carefully, you’ll never be in need. With that being said, grab those old bananas off the counter and lets make something yummy!
- 3 large extra ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar I used 1/2 cup
- 1 stick of butter (room temperate)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- optional: 1 cup of nuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mash bananas until creamy and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk together flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs until combined.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add in the vanilla extract and buttermilk. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir gently until all flour is mixed in. DO NOT OVER STIR.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Did you make this? Be sure to share and tag Soul Food and Trap Music. Hashtags: #SoulFoodandTrapMusic #SFTM