It’s a weekday, you’re tired and you dont feel like cooking a full meal when you get off work. No problem! Crockpot to the rescue, sis! It takes about 15-20 mintues to prep this. Go to work, do laundry, run errands–whatever. Come back and you have a full meal like you’ve been cooking all day.
- 2- 24 oz jars of spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- diced garlic (the amount is based on your preference)
- 4-8 cups of cheese of your choice
- 1 cup of parmesan
- 1-2 boxes of Lasagna noodles (depends on how big your crockpot is)–I used regular lasagna noodles–I did not use the oven ready, but you’re welcome to try it.
- Fresh basil
- salt and pepper (or seasonings of choice)
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
- Crockpot liner (optional, but it makes clean up so much easier)
- Season and throughly cook ground beef and italian sausage.
- Drain grease.
- Add both jars of spaghetti sauce, onion, bell pepper, sugar, garlic, basic. Stir. Let simmer 10 mintues.
- While your sauce is simmering, mix together ricotta and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Place crockpot liner into the crockpot (optional)
- add layer of meat sauce, uncooked lasagna noodles, ricotta mixture, cheese. Repeat until crockpot is full.
- Top layer should be cheese.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO TAG ME IN IT. HASHTAGS: #SFTM #SOULFOODANDTRAPMUSIC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, IG AND SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE