Making Salmon patties reminds me of my daddy. It was his favorite meal and he always made sure to put extra onions in them. They’re cripsy, but tender. This is a simple, southern recipe loved by all.
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 14 oz cans of pink salmon
- Drain all liquid from the salmon.
- Remove all bones and skin from the salmon and discard it.
- Break up your salmon
- add eggs, bread crumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Using your hands, for the salmon mixture into patties.(Shown in the video below) If the patties are not solid and are falling apart that means that you did not drain the liquid well, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Add vegetable oil to a skillet. Allow it to heat up before you put your patties in.
- Fry the patties on each side until they’re golden brown–usually 3-4 minutes.
- Once patties are done, remove them from the skillet and place them on a napkin to drain or a cooling rack to drain the oil.
- In the south we usually eat salmon patties with rice or grits.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO TAG ME IN IT. HASHTAGS: #SFTM #SOULFOODANDTRAPMUSIC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, IG AND SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE