It’s close to Valentine’s Day and you want to impress your lil’ boo or whatever, make this quick dish! It’s simple, tasty and will cost you less than $20 to make. No boo, that’s fine too! It’s so simple and just flat out creamy and yummy!
- 2-4 thin sliced chicken breast
- 1 pound of medium sized shrimp
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4-6 cups of shredded cheese –the kind you use is your choice. I used cheddar, mozzarella and provolone
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Tony Chachere’s Spice N Herbs
- Parsley (optional)
- non stick spray
- 13×9 baking dish –or whatever baking dish you have works
- in a pot add water, oil and salt. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions.
- Once the macaroni is done, drain and set aside.
- Season your shrimp and chicken really well using Slap ya mama and Tony Chachere’s
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet cook your chicken on both sides until done. Set a side.
- In a separate skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook your shrimp on both sides until done. Set aside
- In a separate pan melt 2 tablespoons butter and add 1 tablespoon flour–mix together until smooth.
- Add in one cup cup of heavy cream to flour mixture. Stir well. Then add milk and stir well.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Slap Ya mama and 1 teaspoon of Tony Chachere’s —you can add more if you’d like.
- Let the cream mixture heat up
- Once the cream mixture is hot add 4 cups of cheese.
- Stir until the cheese sauce thickens.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Once the cheese sauce thickens, add your cooked macaroni and stir well. Let simmer about 5 minutes( It’s ok if it’s a bit loose, it will thicken once you bake it.)
- Add your chicken and shrimp — You can dice your chicken, shred it–doesn’t matter. Shrimp you can leave whole or dice them.
- Spray non-stick spray in a 9×13 baking dish —or you can rub the insides with butter. Add one layer of mac and cheese mixture, top with cheese, add another layer of mac n cheese and top with cheese Repeat until dish is full.
- Optional: Sprinkle more Slap ya mama, Tony Chachere’s and parsley on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO TAG ME IN IT. HASHTAGS: #SFTM #SOULFOODANDTRAPMUSIC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, IG AND SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE