These wings happened on a whim on Super Bowl Sunday. I wanted something different. Not the typical lemon pepper wings, hot wings or barbeque wings. So I looked around my kitchen to see what I had that would pair well. This is how orange bourbon wings happened. They’re not overly sweet and the subtle cut of the bourbon is everything honey!
- 6-12 wings pieces
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon (Your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1-2 oranges. You’ll need 3 tablespoons of orange juice and orange zest
- 1 cup of bbq sauce (your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Seasoning of your choice. I used Nature’s seasons.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean your wings and pat them dry with paper towel
- Add oil to coat your wings and add seasoning
- Add wings in a single layer on a roasting rack. This gives the wings a chance to get cripsy instead of them lying in oil/grease.
- Bake wings for 50 mintues. They should come out golden and crispy
- Meanwhile the wings are baking zest the oranges until you get 1-2 tablespoons of zest.
- Juice the orange until you get 3 tablespoons of juice
- In a small pot, add bbq sauce, orange juice, orange zest, bourbon and honey.
- Mix together and let simmer 10-15 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toss wings in sauce.
- Optional- garnish in any remaining orange zest.
- TIP: You can also do this recipe in an airfryer–of course you will have to adjust the temp and the cooking time. You can also do this recipe by deep frying the wings–of course you will have to adjust the temp and the cooking time.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE BE SURE TO TAG ME IN IT.
HASHTAGS: #SFTM #SOULFOODANDTRAPMUSIC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, IG AND SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE