There’s nothing like some warm, buttery rolls. They ain’t good for your waist but they’re good to taste, ok!! I call these monster yeast rolls because they are big, fluffy, yummy and buttery. Let’s get started!!
- 1/3 cup of warm water (not too hot)
- 1 envelope of active dry yeast
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 1/3 cups of warm milk (not too hot)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup of butter softened and sliced)
- 4 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
For Honey butter
- 1/4 cup of honey (or more if you like it sweeter)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- In a small bowl add yeast and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar. Mix together and add warm warm. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes until it’s foamy.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl, add 5 tablespoons of sugar, warm milk, egg, salt and butter. Mix until combined. (TIP: it’s OK if you see the butter floating)
- Add a cup of flour in at a time. Make sure you mix every cup in very well.
- The dough is now sticky, it’s normal! Use a rubber spatula to scrape the dough into a large, greased bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm area for about 2 hours. (TIP: I turn my oven on 350 for about 1 min and turn it back off and sit my bowl in there–I do this just to create a warm atmosphere for the yeast. Or you can do the same with the microwave. I turn the microwave on for 30 seconds-1 min and then I sit my bowl inside)
- After 2 hours, your dough should have doubled in size ( If it didn’t just throw it away child! Your rolls ain’t going to be right lol!)
- Put a little flour on your work area and your hands and put the dough on your work area and roll it out. (TIP: If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can use a wine bottle or anything in a smooth, cylinder shape)
- Cut the dough into strips using a dough cutter, knife, or whatever you have –I used a pizza cutter –got the job done lol!
- Form the dough into balls. If you want the rolls to be big, make the ball of dough bigger. If you want smaller rolls, make the dough smaller.
- Spray your baking dish with non stick spray and add your rolls. Be sure the rolls are touching.
- Let the rolls rest in a warm area for an hour. Pre-heat your oven to 350 (TIP: i suggest letting them rest in the microwave this time, because your oven is pre-heating for cooking)
- While your rolls are resting–let’s make the whipped honey butter.
- Add the butter and honey to a mixing bowl. Blend on medium to high speed until smooth –should be about 3 minutes. Sit it to the side
- After an hour, your rolls should have doubled in size.
- Brush the tops of the roll with the honey butter. Bake them for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and brush them with the honey butter again.
Take pictures of your masterpiece and be sure to tag me in them.
Food blog: https://www.soulfoodandtrapmusic.com