It’s after the holidays, so I know you have some left over candied yams. Let’s turn those into a delectable breakfast! I know you’re thinking ” Sweet potato in a waffle?” Don’t knock it until you try it honey!
- Left over candied yams or you can bake/ boil a sweet potato.
- Your favorite waffle mix –I used Aunt Jemima Buttermilk
- Chopped pecans
- Your favorite syrup
- Non-stick cooking spray
- whipped cream (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat your waffle iron
- Prepare your waffle mix based on the directions on the package.
- Mash your candied yams/ sweet potato. It doesn’t have to be smooth–you can leave it lumpy if you’d like.
- Add your sweet potato and pecans to the waffle batter.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and add your waffle mix.
- Once waffle is cooked to your desired texture remove it and you can top it with more pecans, whipped cream and if you’re real fancy, put some powdered sugar on it!
Be sure to post your masterpiece and tag Soul Food and Trap Music! #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic
Find Soul Food and Trap Music on Facebook, Instagram and youtube