There’s nothing like a good chicken salad baby! Chicken salad is something good and quick to whip up when you have company, when you’re watching your favorite team play, or you just don’t feel like slaving over the stove!
2 cups mayo (You can add or take away–depending on how “wet” you like your chicken salad)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 8 oz block of cream cheese
2 bell peppers (you can use any color)
1/4 cup relish
1 bunch of celery
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 tablespoons sugar (you can add more if you like it sweeter)
sliced banana peppers (optional–but I like them, because they give a little pop)
- Dice all onions, bellpeppers, and celery. Set to the side.
- Boil your 6 eggs–hard boiled is recommended
- in a large pot, add your 6 chicken breast. SEASON your chicken to your liking with Nature’s Seasons, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Add half of your celery, onion and bell pepper to the pot with the chicken. Let the chicken boil until it is done
- While your chicken is cooking, in a seperate large bowl mix together mayo, cream cheese and sour cream. You can do this with a spoon or use a hand mixer to make it go faster. Set it to the side.
- When chicken is done, let it cool. Then shred it. You can do this with two forks, you can add it to a food processor, I added mine to my Vitamix blender. Work with what you have child!! . (You can strain and save that chicken broth for something really yummy later child. Don’t waste food, ok!)
- Dice 4 of the 6 eggs. Slice the remaining 2 eggs.
- Add the mayo, cream cheese and sour cream mixture to the chicken. Mix in the remaining onions, bell pepper, celery,relish, eggs and sugar.
- Spoon the chicken salad into your serving dish, add the sliced eggs on top for garnish and sprinkle with paprika, parsley and sliced banana peppers. Let chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.
TIP: you could also make this recipe with left over turkey. Just shred it -no cooking needed and add all the other ingredients.
Be sure to post your masterpiece and tag Soul Food and Trap Music! #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic
Find Soul Food and Trap Music on Facebook, Instagram and youtube