Happy Holidays everyone! As we all know Santa enjoys a good cookie. This year, I think he’d prefer some cookies made with love fresh from your oven VS store bought or pre-made packaged cookies. These cookies are soft, buttery, and delicious! I’m sure they’ll be a hit any time of the year!
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract–you can add more if you’d like
- 2 teaspoons salt
- sea salt for topping
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- semi sweet chocolate chips –you can add as many as you’d like
- pecans –you can add as many as you’d like’d
- Kraft caramel bits—you can add as many as you’d like.
- Mix together cornstarch, baking soda, salt and flour and set aside.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter
- In a seperate bowl, mix together melted butter,white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla,
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Add chocolate chips, caramel and pecans and fold it into the dough. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Cover dough and let it rest in the fridge for an hour –this is so your dough will become solid–otherwise your cookie will spread all over the pan.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line your pan with parchment paper
- scoop the dough onto the paper. You can use a icecream scoop, a spoon or your hand.
- Mash the dough down. You can add additional chocolate chips, caramel or pecans on top.
- Bake cookies 10-15 min. –depend on the size of your cookies. Allow the cookies to cool for 15 mintues. NOTE: Cookies may appear not fully cooked, this is normal. Cookies will harden once they cool .
- Top with sea salt
Be sure to post your masterpiece and tag Soul Food and Trap Music! #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic
Find Soul Food and Trap Music on Facebook, Instagram and youtube