It’s last minute and somebody asked you to bring something to the family gathering tomorrow, well I have something for you! The best pot roast ever–It’s quick to prepare and doesn’t keep you in the kitchen all day!
1 pot roast
1 pack of dry hidden valley ranch
1 pack of french onion soup mix
1 stick of Kerrygold butter (or you can use half a block of Kerrygold butter if you can’t find the sticks)
1 12 oz jar of pepperoncini peppers
1 chopped onion (optional)
1 16 oz bag of baby carrots (optional)
8 quartered red potatoes (optional)
1 8 oz package of fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- RINSE your roast—please do not take it right out of the package and slap it in the crockpot. Yuck!
- After you have rinsed your roast, put it into your crockpot (TIP: I use crockpot liners for easy clean up)
- Pour the ranch packet and onion soup mix on top of the roast. Add your butter and peppers –there’s not a certain amount of peppers to add–just depends on your taste. I love the flavor they add to the roast so I use half the jar and I add some of the juice from the jar into the crockpot, but this is optional
- Let roast cook on slow for about 8 hours.
- Optional: at hour 6 add your mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion and let them cook for 2 more hours
- Once the roast is done, shred it and you can remove the fatty pieces (I don’t because I want all that flavor all up and through there honey!)
- You can serve this with mashed potatoes, rice or whatever your heart desires.
Be sure to post your masterpiece and tag Soul Food and Trap Music! #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic
Find Soul Food and Trap Music on Facebook, Instagram and youtube