Ain’t nothing like a good ol’ piece of cornbread with your green, beans or even by itself. It’s fluffy, soft, mouth watering—this is why girls from the south are cornbread fed honey!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2/3 cup sugar (You can add more or less, depending on your preference )
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes
Once done, you can top it with butter or my personal favorite HONEY!
Be sure to post your masterpiece and tag Soul Food and Trap Music! #SFTM #SoulFoodandTrapMusic
Find Soul Food and Trap Music on Facebook, Instagram and youtube